What do you do when you are breastfeeding? How do you pass the time? Is it different what you did with your first baby vs when you have multiple children to care for?
When my son was little there are a number of things that I used to do while breastfeeding – to help pass the time and make me feel like I was being productive (as if being the sole source of nutrition for a human being isn’t enough productivity!). Here is a short list – please leave a comment on this post to share your tips for staying busy while breastfeeding!
- Type on the computer – whether you are sending emails for work, catching up with friends on facebook or getting the best holiday deals – surfing the web while breastfeeding is a great way to pass the time
- Read a great book - I always found it easier to read a book that was small in size and light weight – since most of the time I had to hold it with one hand – but reading while your little one nurses is a great way to get some me-time long with your baby-time!
- Get some rest – once you have mastered the art of breastfeeding while lying down – you may never want to do it any other way! You can your baby can get some great snuggle time in while nursing – and who knows – you might even get to take a nap too!
- Watch a movie - especially when your little one is really little – watching a movie or getting caught up on your favorite TV programs is a great way to pass the time while breastfeeding!
- Go shopping – who ever said you needed to be sitting down to breastfeed? Put on your favorite sling and nursing top and head off to the mall – your little one with get lots of good “nummies” while you do your Holiday Shopping!
What do you do while breastfeeding? Please take a moment to share your secrets by leaving a comment below!